Monday, July 8, 2013

The Cellar's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese

A few weeks ago I had lunch with my colleagues at The Cellar at Beecher's Handmade Cheese in Manhattan (20th St. & Broadway). I really, really love cheese, so I was already looking forward to this meal. But then I also found out they have gluten-free mac & cheese. Double whammy. 

In the three plus years I've been gluten-free, I've never had mac & cheese. It's such a heavy dish and to be honest, just not really something I ever crave. 


But this. This was melt-in-your mouth good. This made up for three plus years of no mac & cheese. And it wasn't just gluten-free good. It was good good. Even my colleagues (most of whom are big food lovers) tasted it and agreed.

So Beecher's, I've got to give credit where credit is due. Your warm, gooey, creamy gluten-free mac & cheese surpassed any and all expectations. So to you I say kudos, and thank you. 

And to any of my readers living in the Manhattan area, do yourself a favor and head on over to The Cellar at Beecher's Handmade Cheese. Heck, invite me along! And if you don't have time to sit down and eat, you can also grab some from the freezer in their upstairs storefront and bring it home.  

Oh, and try some free cheese samples while you're at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment