Monday, October 8, 2012

White Bean Dip with Parmesan and Sage

Last month I posted a recipe for White Bean Dip with Pecorino Romano, but I have to say, I've outdone myself with today's recipe. I was inspired by a white bean and sage dip that my friend over at The Splendid Soon made for a party of mine she catered (well, mine and my roommates). It was incredible, along with everything else she made. And if I can make a quick pitchif you're ever looking to have a party catered and you live in NYC or Brooklyn, she's your girl.


I didn't want to ask for her recipe so I figured I would  do a quick Google search, see what I found, and pull a recipe together. I happened upon this recipe from Spoonful (and only just noticed the coincidence in name), and in no more than five minutes I made the most delicious, healthy dip. Which was exactly what I needed yesterday evening after a weekend of eating and drinking at a wedding and a five hour car ride home from Boston.


I know I've mentioned before that since going gluten-free I've struggled with finding healthy, satisfying snack options, and I imagine there are a lot of you out there (whether or not you're gluten-free) who have had the same problem. For so long I simply relied on tortilla chips and salsa as a snack, but there's so much more out there. It just takes a little planning and creativity. Even better, there are a lot of things you can make at home in no time at all. I absolutely love this dip and it's perfect with fresh vegetables or gluten-free crackers. My only hesitation about making it is the risk I run of eating the entire thing in one sitting!


White Bean Dip with Parmesan and Sage

1 can cannellini beans
1 small clove garlic, chopped
7-8 leaves sage, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Parmesan

Put all of the ingredients into a food processor except for the Parmesan and blend. When you have a smooth, creamy consistency, add the Parmesan and blend briefly. You can either serve it immediately or stick it in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment