Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gluten-Free Almond Butter Cookies (Updated Recipe)

Remember how I made those Gluten-Free Almond Butter Cookies a few weeks ago? They tasted great, but were super crumbly and I couldn't seem to get the texture right. Well, I think I may have found a two-part solution: coconut oil and shredded coconut.


The coconut oil served as a binding agent and the shredded coconut added more texture. The cookies weren't perfect, they still crumbled a little, but they were much better than my first attempt. And they tasted even better. I love coconut, and really love the added flavor from the shredded coconut. Mixed with the almond butter and cinnamon, these cookies taste fantastic.


My adventures in gluten-free baking will no doubt continue, and I'm sure I'll be sharing successful as well as unsuccessful recipes with you as time goes on. Maybe you can even teach me a thing or two.

Gluten-Free Almond Butter Cookies (Updated Recipe)

Ingredients:

1 cup almond butter
1 organic egg
1 cup organic sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ.

Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl using electric beaters or a stand mixer until they form a dough-like mixture. Use a teaspoon to drop mixture onto the cookie sheets (I rounded each one first and then slightly flattened it on the pan). Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment