Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Farmers Market Bliss

I know. I've been bad about posting regularly this summer. The odd thing is, I've been in the kitchen a lot. But I just haven't taken the time to sit down and write about it. That'll change soon, I promise. I've stockpiled a ton of gluten-free recipes that I can't wait to share with you.


In the meantime, I had to post some photos of the gorgeous produce I've gotten at my local farmers market of late. I'm in love with the color palette of these carrots, from orange, to purple, to white.


And these tomatoes. They're bright and juicy. I can't get enough of the red, yellow and green hues when placed next to fresh corn and zucchini. In person, the stripes (or at least that's what I'm calling them) are even more evident. All of this is produce was almost too pretty to cook, but somehow I managed. 

I'm dreading the end of summer, which means no more of my favorite fruits and vegetables. But then I think about potatoes, butternut squash and pumpkin, and I know it'll all be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment