Monday, August 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

After I made that amazing Gluten-Free Coffee and Oreo Ice Cream Cake a few weeks ago, I decided to experiment more with dessert recipes. Usually I'll just eat sliced fruit, a handful of gummy bears, or a few spoonfuls of ice cream, but since I've been on such a kick lately I figured I'd be a little more inventive and make cookie ice cream sandwiches. 



I've made these peanut butter cookies plenty of times before. The recipe is so easy and only requires three ingredients. And there's no way you would ever know they're gluten-free because they taste so good! My non-gluten-free friends love them.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Makes 1 1/2 dozen small cookies



1 cup organic peanut butter
1 cup organic sugar
1 large organic egg

Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray. 



Mix the ingredients together in a medium bowl until they form a dough-like mixture. Use a teaspoon to drop mixture onto the cookie sheets (I rounded each one first and then slightly flattened it on the pan). Cook for 12 minutes or until golden brown. 



Onto the good stuff! About a year ago I discovered Talenti gelato and sorbet. I was immediately hooked (and so were my roommates). Talenti uses all natural and raw ingredients, and they have a ton of gluten-free options. Some of my favorite flavors are Tahitian Vanilla Bean, Belgian Milk Chocolate, Mediterranean Mint, and Sea Salt Caramel.

Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

5 servings

10 peanut butter cookies
1 pint Talenti Tahitian Vanilla Bean Gelato (you won't even use half of the pint)

Scoop a teaspoon of gelato onto the bottom, flat side of a cookie, and then flatten it out with another cookie on top. Store in the freezer for at least 30-minutes before eating. These should last for at least a week in a tupperware container.

I also love using Pamela's Simplebites Ginger Mini Snapz. They're delicious, and you don't have to go through the hassle of making cookies from scratch.

I can't think of an easier, tastier summer dessert. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment