Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Quinoa Breakfast

I know what you're thinking: You're recycling a recipe already?!  I am. Kind of. But it's what I'm eating for breakfast right now, and it's delicious, and I wanted to share it with you.


I simply took the Strawberry, Peach, and Quinoa Breakfast recipe and substituted blueberries for peaches. I bought peaches at the Rockefeller Center Greenmarket yesterday, but they weren't ripe enough to eat, so I used blueberries instead.

If you're like me, you'll find a recipe you love, eat it every day for a few weeks, and then get sick of it. I've been eating the Strawberry, Peach, and Quinoa Breakfast for the past two weeks, so adding blueberries switches up the flavor slightly. I also have leftover mango from the Yellow Tomato and Mango Gazpacho I made the other night, so I may swap that in for strawberries tomorrow morning (I conveniently used the last of my strawberries this morning).

Advance warning: I may not have a new recipe post tomorrow, but I'll try. One of my best friends and her fiance (it's still a little strange to say that, even though they've been engaged since Christmas!), who now live in Dallas (but used to live in NYC until last summer), are staying at our apartment tonight. I can't wait. We're going to drinks and dinner, so I doubt there will be much time to cook. No complaints!

I do want to quickly mention that if there's ever a particular type of recipe you'd like to see on Gluten Free For All, feel free to drop me a note at gfreeforall@gmail.com. Whether it's a meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) or you want to incorporate a certain ingredient, let me know! I'm always looking to try new recipes.

I'm thinking I'll need a new breakfast recipe soon... These Overnight Oats from Skinnytaste look quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment