Monday, September 24, 2012

Pumpkin Butter

You're in luck! Two recipes in one morning. I know, I'm being generous. But they go hand-in-hand, so I had to. This is another recipe I borrowed from Skinnytaste. It's the first time I've attempted to make pumpkin butter and if I do say so myself, it turned out pretty darn well. So thanks for the recipe, Skinnytaste.


This is something you can make and keep in your refrigerator and eat with anything. On gluten-free crackers, a gluten-free scone, with gluten-free granola, or in Gluten-Free Pumpkin Overnight Oats.


Pumpkin Butter

Makes 3 3/4 cups
Cooking time: 45 minutes

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 can
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple cider
1 cup packed brown sugar
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Instructions:

Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment