Monday, September 24, 2012

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Overnight Oats

Hi there. It's been a while, I know. Sorry for the lack of posts last week. Somehow I got caught up with everything else going on in my life! One of my big projects is re-designing the blog, which I couldn't be more excited about. I just finalized the logo last week and should hopefully be able to share it with you soon. In the meantime, I'm back this morning and will be posting at least one new recipe every day this week.


This morning I have a great recipe to share, one which I adapted from the fabulous (but non-gluten-free) blog Skinnytaste. Many of the recipes can easily be made gluten-free, and they're all healthy and calorie-conscious. Hence the name Skinnytaste.


For the past month or so my breakfast has been Fresh Figs with Greek Yogurt and Honey, and this weekend I decided I was finally ready for a change. I was craving something a little more fall-ish. Fortunately I've been keeping this recipe in my back pocket for the past few weeks, so I didn't have to search high and low for something new.


The best part about this is that you make it the night before, throw it in the fridge, let it sit overnight, and it's ready to be eaten. No cooking required! Well, that and it's pretty delicious.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Overnight Oats

1 serving
Cooking time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1/4 cup quick oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats)
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
1/2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 sliced banana (freeze the rest for smoothies)

Instructions:

Combine the oats and almond milk in a jar. Stir in the pumpkin butter and cinnamon. Add banana, cover jar, shake and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning take it out of the refrigerator, let sit for about 30 minutes (or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds), and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment