Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fresh Figs with Greek Yogurt and Honey

Remember how much I love fresh figs? They're my favorite. And in case you missed it, you should check out my recipe for Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese and Balsamic. Sadly, figs are only in season for such a short time during the summer. But that just means I have to get creative and incorporate them into as many recipes as possible. Challenge accepted!


Do you also remember how I was in need of a new idea for breakfast? Well, you're in luck. Or should I say, I'm in luck. This is the perfect end-of-summer breakfast, and it's super healthy. Figs have fiber, which is always a plus, and Greek yogurt has a ton of protein. I usually use Chobani Non-Fat Plain or FAGE Total 0%, both of which have 18 grams of protein per serving (36% of your daily recommended protein intake), so this will fill you up and keep you satisfied until lunch time rolls around.


Fresh Figs with Greek Yogurt and Honey

Ingredients:

1 7 oz container Greek yogurt
4 fresh figs, sliced in quarters
Honey to taste (I probably use about 1 tablespoon, but I like it sweet)

Instructions:

Slice figs in quarters. Pour yogurt in a bowl and top with figs. Drizzle honey on top. Enjoy!

You could also add sliced almonds, walnuts, or granola if you want extra protein and/or a little crunch. I recently discovered Purely Elizabeth's gluten-free organic granola and it is quite tasty. Some of the best gluten-free granola I've tried.

And for your information, I'm eating this for breakfast right now and it's oh-so-good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment